PLEASE USE OUR PARTS FINDER TO FIND THE PERFECT BRAKE KIT FOR YOUR VEHICLE
Apollo Balanced Big Brake Kits
One giant leap for performance braking
EBC’s new Balanced Big Brake Kits™ represent the ultimate upgrade in braking performance, offering significant reductions in stopping distances whether used on road or on track.
Every kit is supplied with all the hardware you need to completely replace all equivalent components of your vehicles stock braking system, giving a firmer and more responsive brake pedal and allowing you to drive harder for longer without the onset of brake fade.Yet unlike all other front ‘big brake kits’ on the market which solely supply the parts for one axle. Every EBC Balanced Big Brake Kit™ is a full vehicle upgrade and is supplied complete with matching friction rear pads to fit the original caliper and braided brake lines for the front + rear, ensuring a totally balanced brake upgrade that delivers maximum braking performance.
Apollo Series Brake Calipers
Our brand new lightweight but strong aluminium 4-piston brake calipers
- Apollo brake calipers utilise a 2-piece bolted design, incorporating high tensile 12.9 grade steel bolts for reinforcement of the caliper bridge section. Computer FEA analysis shows that the utilisation of high-tensile steel bolts to reinforce the bridge brings significant improvements in caliper stiffness compared to a mono-block design. A stiffer bridge section means less elongation during brake apply, giving a firmer and more responsive pedal feel, especially after a period of harder braking where the aluminium bridge of a mono-block design caliper softens appreciably with increasing temperature.
- NOTE: The Apollo 4-piston caliper will soon be partnered by a 6-piston caliper, due for launch 2018, along with a larger 6-piston “GT” caliper and also a 2-piston rear caliper. For further details please e-mail email@example.com
- Unlike the vast majority of cast calipers, which are typically gravity cast, Apollo Series caliper bodies are machined from heat treated low pressure castings. Low pressure casting is a vastly more expensive production method than conventional gravity casting, but by forcing the aluminium alloy into the mould under pressure the consistency of the finished part is greatly improved. This gives EBC’s Apollo Series brake calipers a noticeable performance advantage over conventional gravity cast calipers, exhibiting higher overall strength and a comparable caliper body stiffness to forging.
- Unlike most painted calipers on the market, Apollo brake calipers are not painted using a powder coat finish. Powder coat cracks and discolours with exposure to high heat, meaning that powder coated calipers look great out the box, but the colour quickly fades away in use. We don’t just want Apollo calipers to look good in the box, we want them to look great for years to come, that’s why EBC finish every caliper using our advanced high-temperature Teflon™ polyester coating process. This top-coat paint system is similar to what’s used in the cookware market on the underside of pans and it gives a durable, fade resistant coating that’s easy to wipe clean and ensures that Apollo calipers will look great for years to come.
Floating Brake Rotors
Fully floating rotors using stainless-steel drive bobbins, minimising rotor stress under even the most severe braking.
- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor cooling
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors
YellowStuff™ Performance Brake Pads
Our world famous fast road & track material.
- Every EBC Balanced Big Brake Kit™ is supplied with EBC Yellowstuff™ pads for both front and rear axles. Unlike all other front ‘big brake kits’, which solely supply parts for the front axle, EBC includes matching Yellowstuff™ brake pads for the rear axle at zero additional cost to you. This ensures your vehicle ends up with an optimum brake balance and the rear axle shares a portion of the braking load, giving improved control under braking and shorter overall stopping distances.
- Yellowstuff™ pads offer excellent cold bite and zero brake noise making them a great pad for road use, yet they are also capable of operating without brake fade up to 550 degrees C, making them an equally outstanding pad for moderate track use.
- Yellowstuff™ compound has an extremely low metal content, meaning these pads are very kind on discs and any brake dust can be easily wiped off painted wheels and calipers with a damp cloth. Yellowstuff™ pads will not eat through rotors like most other performance pads on the market, where some users report a wear ration of 1 set of pads to 1 set of discs!
- Although not a legal requirement for brake caliper conversions, Yellowstuff™ material is ECE R90 approved giving you peace of mind that these pads will operate safely in all climates, at any vehicle speed and in all weather conditions.
Braided Stainless Brake Lines
Stainless steel braided exterior eliminates flex, giving a firmer pedal with better modulation.
- Every hose has a stainless steel braided exterior that prevents a phenomenon known as ‘ballooning’, this braided exterior prevents the spongey feel of OE rubber lines and provides greater precision and feel under braking.
- Every kit is supplied with EBC’s stainless steel braided brake lines front and rear. Also including rear lines is another market first from EBC and one that ensures that every EBC Balanced Big Brake Kit™ includes every single piece of hardware you need to result in a truly balanced performance brake upgrade.
- Every EBC brake line is made in the UK and is 100% pressure tested after assembly to ensure the highest quality. EBC brake lines are also DOT, ISO and TÜV approved and come with a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects and corrosion.